[Lazarus] Mild bug in 1.4RC2?

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Thu Apr 2 18:52:49 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm working with Lazarus 1.4RC2 on kubuntu 14.04.

Tonight while designing a form I had a a tcheckbox and a tcombobox that
had become hidden. I went to the object inspector and set the Left
property to 1, hit enter, then when I went to move the control to the
proper place with the mouse it went flying off in y direction by more
than a 1000 pixels.

This happened with both controls. I then tried it with a tmemo and other
weird movements and controls flying out of the form's bounds.

It only happens (also with top property) when the focus is still on the
property of the co-ordinate.

Steps to reproduce:

select a tcheckbox or whatever. Go to object inspector. double click the
left property to select the pixels offset. Type 1 and hit enter. Now,
with the mouse, simply try to drag that control to another position.

If the focus is not on the left or top in the object inspector
everything can be moved with no problems.