[Lazarus] TDBCalendar problems

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Apr 3 17:40:05 CEST 2015

On 03/15/2015 12:04 AM, Donald Ziesig wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have been trying to get the TDBCalendar control to update my database
> with no success.  If I manually update the date field in the table, the
> value is immediately reflected in the control - it changes to the
> correct date.  On the other hand, if I put the dataset in Edit or Insert
> mode and change the control's date, nothing happens after posting the
> data.  The field retains its original value (either blank or the date I
> manually entered).
>
> While trying to debug this, I found a method
> "TFieldDataLink.UpdateRecord" which is invoked by many of the included
> files (*.inc) from DBCtrls.pp, but I can't find anywhere in the source
> code where this method is declared.  Since this is where I would expect
> the value to be written in the table,  and debugger "step-into" doesn't,
> I am at a dead end in debugging.

Search for the fpc/packages/fcl-db source-folder. Make this the default
directory in a console and do "fppkg install -o -gl". Thereafter you can
step-into the fcl-db code. Maybe that can help.

And to see if you have done something strange, a simple example
application would be nice. Especially if it can use the test-database in
packages/fcl-db/tests.

Joost.