[Lazarus] 1.4RC3 Install issue

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Wed Apr 8 20:03:13 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I've not had any problems up to date with installing the deb Lazarus RC1
and RC2 files.

But today something is different.

Installed (in this order)
fpc_2.6.4-150228_amd64.deb

fpc-src_2.6.4-150228_amd64.deb
(this had already been installed for RC2, but I went ahead and
reinstalled just in case)

lazarus_1.4RC3-0_amd64.deb

On startup lazarus complained of path so I selected the appropriate
1.4Rc3 folder and that was fine.

But compiler tab complains fpc.cfg is missing.

I've looked in /etc and there is an fpc.cfg there dated today.

It had initially complained that my compiler (usr/bin/fpc) "does not
support target x86_64-Linux". The fpc in /usr/bin is dated from 20.04.2014

I then went and chose /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.4/ppcx64, and it made the same
complaint, and still have the missing fpc.cfg message. That user lib
ppcx64 file is also dated in Apr. 20 2014.

Closed the dialog, restarted Lazarus and it went through the exact same
complaints.

I had been working with Martin Frb in making a debuggable Fpc, but that
was weeks ago and I've been using RC2 daily since then from, I believe,
the proper folders.

No idea why, or what to do.