[Lazarus] IDE windows jumping to front

Thu Apr 9 18:04:24 CEST 2015

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody else noticed this (a bit annoying) behaviour in
Lazarus IDE (Trunk compiler with FPC 2.6.4 using LCL-GTK2 using Linux
CentOS 6.6).

The Object Inspector window is open, but hidden behind other windows
(eg: Gnome-Terminal) to the right of my Source editor window. If I'm in
the Source window and press Alt+G (Goto Line Number), the Object
Inspector window jumps to the font, covering the Gnome-Terminal window. Why?

I tested this and can be in any code unit, not just a unit that contains
a form declaration. I just tested and the Project Inspector window does
the same thing.

It doesn't do it on my FreeBSD system though - Lazarus IDE also compiled
with LCL-GTK2. But in FreeBSD I'm using a window manager called JWM,
whereas in Linux CentOS I'm using Gnome Desktop. I haven't tried
switching CentOS to JWM to test yet - will do so later.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/