[Lazarus] lazbuild to user directory on Windows

Bernd Berger berger-bernd at gmx.net
Sun Apr 26 02:15:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'd like to use Lazarus for my pupils in school (Win 7), and our
sysadmin has installed Lazarus to a read only network directory. After a
test compile the unit win9xwsmanager was not found, so I tried to
recompile the lclbase package.

Package rebuild for a read only lazarus installation does not work
without administrator rights under Windows, as the lazbuild results will
go directly into the lazarus directory tree. While under Linux, lazbuild
results will be put into the user's directory under ~/.lazarus/lib, thus
Package rebuild is possible for normal users under Linux.

Unfortunately, I could not find any settings for Lazarus to make
lazbuild's results also go under Windows to the user directory (i. e. to
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\lazarus\lib). Can anyone tell me how
to do this?  (Of course, in my case it will be just nice if the complete
build will be later available from the read only lazarus directory, but
first I want to test everything, as I am not the administrator user.)

Regards

Bernd