[Lazarus] Coolbar: IDE shows a drag cursor on buttons

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Wed Apr 1 00:25:31 CEST 2015

OK, so the patch is fine.

V.
> Datum: 01.04.2015 00:13
> Předmět: Re: [Lazarus] Coolbar: IDE shows a drag cursor on buttons

The change was (afaik) not because of the GTK part. I wrote (none public) before about the drag cursor being always shown:
Well at least for Windows that is wrong. (And I guess for other OS it is too)

 The drag cursor is to b shown while dragging. The drag cursor is not meant to be an indicator of possible dragging.

 And dragging does not start with mouse down (so the cursor does not change on mouse down). Dragging starts, when the cursor has been moved a certain distance, while the button was held down. That makes it different to a click. The distance is configured in the windows settings. So it should be retrieved from the windows API.
 This is how all applications on window behave. Showing the drag cursor while dragging is not active is counter intuitive. When and while it was happening, I always thought the IDE had started dragging (somehow triggered despite I did not click the mouse)