[Lazarus] Z-order not working

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:34:45 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys <
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> Can Lazarus already handle such "developer defined components"? I
> remember the good old days of Delphi 7. Define a nice Form or Frame
> template. Select everything and drag it to the component palette and
> magically you have a developer defined component you can reuse.

I'm not sure about drag-drop (i only have Delphi 2 available and last time
i used any more recent Delphi was the personal edition of 6 -ithink- that i
got from a magazine CD cover years ago).

But you can create "custom designable" components using frames in Lazarus.
They're not as neat as a custom component made in pure code (and i honestly
haven't yet figured out if i can modify the components in a frame after
placing them or not and what happens if i modify the frame after that, so i
usually avoid touching frames after making them). I use frames all the time
(although because of the ambiguousness i mentioned i almost always
instantiate them via code instead of via the component bar).