[Lazarus] upper & lower case problem

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:32:27 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> On 04/20/2015 10:40 AM, FreeMan wrote:
>> There is no resize problem, I wrote, encoding problem. I wrote answer to
>> Juha's mail, why important.
>> TLabel "ÖLDÜ" painting "OLDU"
>> translate to english
>> TLabel "DIED" painting "BORN"
>> codepage has been big problem in this year :(
>
> Why translation ? AFAIR, you used (I've deleted original post), UpperCase,
> or AnsiUpperCase, and IMO that's wrong. Have you tried with UTF8UpperCase
> (or UpperCaseUTF8) from LazUTF8 ?

AnsiUpperCase should work when the "Better Unicode Support" is configured.
All UTF8...() functions in LazUTF8 are set as backends for RTL's
Ansi...() functions.

Yes, I can imagine such translation errors can cause problems. I think
this one is a bug in UTF8UpperCase (called by AnsiUpperCase).
I always wondered how it can work when there are many decomposed
characters and language dependent differences.
Please report with a minimal test application.

Juha