[Lazarus] "Copy selected messages to clipboard" bug

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 20 17:14:01 CEST 2015

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:48:43 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> I also can't see $NOTE or $WARNING etc code comments in the messages
> output.
> I use these user-defined compiler messages a lot during my coding sessions.

For the IDE there is no difference between a user $Note and a standard
note. Both are shown the same.
For example {$Note foobar} is shown as
"unit1.pas(13,4) Note: User defined: foobar"
It has an icon in the source editor, it is wavely underlined and has a
mark in the right source editor bar.

About:
> Yes they have the tiny little icon, but I found the Red, Green
> etc text from the old Messages window *much* easier to spot.

It was a FAQ how to turn this off.
The Hint/Note/Warn is just a general probability that it creates a bug.
You have to check all messages anyway.
Internally each type has its own text color, but all 13 are set to
default. I don't want to add a GUI for only two people.

Mattias