[Lazarus] Returning value from a Firebird (embedded) generator into Lazarus code

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 16:12:44 CEST 2015

brian wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone please give me a hint with this problem. I'm new to
> Firebird, but I needed a database which could be used in embedded
> fashion, and seemed to have a choice of one under Linux.
>
> What I need to do is to return a value generated by a Firebird
> generator into my Pascal code. Doing it what seemed to me to be the
> obvious way returns zero rows, do I need to update an interim table
> and then query that table? Or is there some other method which I've
> missed?

Embedded in what way? I use Firebird on occasion as an alternative to
PostgreSQL (i.e. in a client-server scenario), but I'd have thought for
a single-system application SQLite would have been worth a look.

Having said that, apart from Firebird's poor documentation I've had no
significant problem querying and updating tables. What exactly are you
trying to do?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk