[Lazarus] How to get a longer stacktrace

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:26:11 CEST 2015

Am 28.04.2015 13:06 schrieb "Torsten Bonde Christiansen" <tc at epidata.info>:

> Hi.
>
> I am currently doing some debugging in Windows, my least used OS - so
bear with me for dumb questions... :)

> Very simply i would like to have a longer stacktrace than what I am
currently getting (see picture below). For some
> reason i cannot go deeper than displayed and I would really like to in
order to find out where some message originate
> from.
>
> I have tried to push the more button several times but that does not
help. I have looked at the Debugger settings but
> could find anything relevant in this case.
>
> All FPC units, and all of Lazarus are compiled with "-gl -gw -godwarfsets
-O-", and stepping into methods of fpc/lazarus
> is no problem either. It just seems to be when windows messages are
handled I cannot have a longer backtrace.

> All help is much appreciated.

That function probably came from the kernel mode part of the Windows GUI,
so there's nothing that can be done, because you can't have stacktraces
cross that boundary (Kernel mode uses a different stack).

Regards,
Sven