[Lazarus] An online package manage

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:20:39 CEST 2015

> Hi Juha
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > - As part of the build instructions, dependencies between packages but
> also
> > between units can (and must) be specified.
>
> Why is that?
> Unit dependencies are already specified in uses sections of the units
> themselves.
>
> The most important reason I  can think of is that you can and should
specify the version of the units that will be used? I.e. it could depend on
code in a newer version of a unit that is not available in an older version
(that you might already have installed) or the other way round (old code
that got dropped in new versions - less likely, but possible)?

Cheers,
Chavoux