[Lazarus] authoring user manuals

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Aug 3 19:27:38 CEST 2015

> See this message from July, and the attached example application.

Ahh…I apologize for not spotting this recent thread. :-(

> I use the INF format because it is very simple to author and extremely
> compact (10+ times smaller than CHM of the same content). The markup
> language is much shorter that HTML, less complicated than LaTeX, and not
> very verbose. The IPF tags are mnemonic, making it easy to associate
> them with their functions.

Hmm…sound good and I have to check it out - I just wonder if it’s rich
enough and/or how its markup compares with e.g. rst/Asciidoc.

> In my eyes DocView is also a superior help viewer compared to any CHM or
> HLP help viewer I have seen, with built in support for Contents, Index
> (auto-generated in none exists), full-text search with advanced
> filtering, search highlighting, in-line annotation support, custom font
> configuration and is lightning fast etc.

I like what I’ve seen in DocView…now have to find out if using FPC/INF
means I have to forger about Emacs which I use a lot…

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of