[Lazarus] authoring user manuals

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Aug 4 07:39:10 CEST 2015

Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> writes:

> Focussing on help files, in the past I've experimentally generated
> text for these as an appendix in a PDF file using Lyx etc., then
> post-processed it into a .chm.

Heh, I was using Lyx for authoring real books in the past..

> Speaking as somebody who is neither a core developer nor a list
> manager, this is the Lazarus mailing list and the principal format
> used by Lazarus is .chm. It's all very well for an advocate of an
> alternative documentation format and an alternative UI toolkit to be
> enthusiastic about them, but I'm not sure that they're something which
> should be promoted too vocally to somebody who hasn't been active in
> the field for an extended period.

Hmm, I’m very new here, but in my original message I posted a link from
*Lazarus* wiki
(http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Add_Help_to_Your_Application) which
mentions CHM, HTML and INF as possible help formats and that was the
reason to ask “which one?” ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
There is no possibility of one's becoming a yogī, O Arjuna,
if one eats too much or eats too little, sleeps too much