[Lazarus] Search path options for pacages

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Tue Aug 4 17:26:08 CEST 2015

On my LinuxMint I have Lazarus installed (built from source) in my home
folder and I can add search paths to any of the packages regardless the
origin of the package (came with Lazarus or created/added by myself).

I think that you installed FPC and Lazarus via the package manager of
your system. In this case the directory of Lazarus binaries, libraries
and sources are not writeable for you (including the package
configurations).

In the pas a solved this with changing (recursive) the group id (to
mine) for the directories belonging to FPC and Lazarus and giving write
premissions.
You can add write premissions to "other" but it has security risk.

BUT I recommend to install lazarus into your home directory by building
it from sources.

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu