[Lazarus] Recommended install methods

Mon Aug 17 10:02:57 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-17 08:55, Aradeonas wrote:
> in the end it make shortcut on the desktop
> with a correct profile.

I should probably have added that modifying the PATH environment
variable and setting up desktop shortcuts is only a one-off thing. FPC
stable releases are once every 1-2 years. Lazarus stable will be
installed into the same ~/devel/lazarus/ so the shortcut doesn't need
updating. A git update for Lazarus Trunk will also not affect the
existing desktop shortcut.

So the effort is minimal. I don't need external scripts or utilities
like fpcup (which I hear doesn't always work either).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/