[Lazarus] multi step dialog

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Tue Aug 18 23:41:49 CEST 2015

On Mo, 2015-08-17 at 16:39 +0200, Bart wrote:
> On 8/17/15, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Plus it's a recurring task (like reading directory entries into a
> > container - Delphi has a class for, lazarus not). It would have been
> > nice if there were a template or the like.
>
> Care to elaborate on that (in a new thread)?

Currently not, to be honest. I could not do much but discuss that topic.

To summarize on the wizard dialog:

- it sems to be a not-so-often occuring use case
- if asked about, a lot of programmers step forward telling "I've done
it like this ..."
- if made flexible and useful for mostly any case the code is getting
huge fast - see Luiz's implmentation

Regarding a TDirectory class I think the properties are the same. The
difference is it's a very commen use case to read directories and files
into acontainer.

And last but not least: it has to be taken into account that searching
code and learning howto use it often takes as much time as to write
something simple but working yourself.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>