[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Lazarus for mobile development?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 21 09:50:57 CEST 2015

On 08/20/2015 05:33 PM, Sven Barth wrote:

> The old Windows Mobile was an OS geared towards PDAs/smartphones,
> while the base system Windows CE is/was a general embedded OS.

I do know this.

But Microsoft keeps stating that "!there is only one Windows 10" and
that same is here to replace all older variants. Of course it's not
always recommended to trust them, but I would not do any development for
"Windows Phone" or "Windows CE" or whatever name they used for such
variants that I always felt to be moving targets. If "Windows 10 Mobile"
and "Windows IOT Core" are really different systems (and not only add
some additional Services for Pone API stuff or "embedded" stuff, this
would be a major argument not to use either of them. But if it's the
same system, it would not make a difference for fpc which one is the
target.

-Michael