[Lazarus] Lazarus Mailinglist Reader

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:37:05 CET 2015

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 21:55:22 +0100, Werner Pamler
<werner.pamler at freenet.de> wrote:

>This mailing list is fully loaded with valuable information for both new
>and experienced users. Unfortunately, it is a bit difficult to access
>this information. There is an archive of previous mails
>(http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/), but it is a
>pain to open each mail one by one, and there are no searching capabilities.

Have yoiu tested a newsreader and the gmane server?
It has the comnplete mail list posts since many years back and is very
fast also. I am writing this response via Gmane and using Forte Free
Agent, but there are other good news readers also available.
The point is that Gmane provides the server capacity (blindingly fast
too) and with a newsreader you get an organized local message cache.

No need to re-invent the wheel...

Server:     news.gmane.org
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general  (lazarus)
            gmane.comp.compilers.free-pascal.general  (fpc)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden