[Lazarus] Does make install replace existing versions?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:32:46 CET 2015

I have checked out lazarus 1.6 on the RC1 tag and now I am a bit
confused regarding the make options...

I start by building lazarus in my source dir below home:
make bigide

But then there is:
sudo make install

which is used to put this lazarus into /usr/local/share/lazarus

What seems to happen is that there are a number of symlinks created in
/usr/local/bin for startlazarus and other items.

What I would like to know is what happens if I already have a
different lazarus version that has been installed by "make install"?

Will the new lazarus replace the older or will there be some version
added to the symlinks?

I don't dare to run make install until I know the end result...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden