[Lazarus] Qt issue: application blocks user logout

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Dec 16 00:00:07 CET 2015

Hi, folks.

I have an application, on Linux environment, which should always be
running, as long as an user is logged in.
Therefore it's activated in Autostart, and should only be closed when
the user logs out.

If it is compiled using the GTK2 WS it works as expected.

if it is compiled using the Qt WS (which should be used), it doesn't
behave properly. At user logout the application is closed, but the
system behaves as if the application had refused to close. The same
message is generated as when the OnCloseQuery event sets CanClose false.

I tested with a minimal application (just an empty form with a "Close"
button) and it gives rise to the same problem.

My environment is Linux x86_68 CentOs 6. Qt 4.6.2
Tested with different Lazarus versions (1.4.0, 1.4.4, Trunk) and
different Desktop Environments and related Window Managers (Gnome, KDE, TDE)

Is this a known issue, is there something I should do to tell the
application to behave as is should, or should I create a bugtracker entry?

Thanks,

Giuliano