[Lazarus] Send a mousemove or a keydown to a specific window in IE

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:34:35 CET 2015

Hi,

As ususal the programmers of one of my tools at work have decided to
make life a little more painfull.

Let me explain,

The program in question is a website (running in IE, since IT guys
only allow IE).
The website is a front end to an electronic prescribtion system.
For security reasons the websites logs me out every 15 minutes, if
there has been no key or mouse activity.

While I get the reason for this, at my workplace this makes no sense
at all (my compuer locks up if I do nothing for 5 minutes).
And it is severly messing up my work flow.
On a typical stretch of work (say 2 hours on 1 ward), I have to
re-login to this website at least 6 times.
Needless to say our in house ICT department is of no help.

So, I came up with a plan.
I would like to make a utility that sends either a keystroke or a
mousemove to this specific window in IE (actually a Tab inside IE)
every 10 minutes.

Problem: I have absolutely no clue at all how to achive this.

It only needs to work on Windows (actually in a Citrix client)
It only needs to work on IE
It may be hackish,it may be dirty, I don't care.
Preferrably no additional third party libraries are required.

Bart