[Lazarus] Are you on Windows 10? Are you experiencing slow installs? Here's the deal...

Jy V jyv110 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:36:11 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:20:14PM +0100, Jy V wrote:
> > > Microsoft security scanning tool is always on and cannot be turned off
> or
> > > configured.
> > >

> > On Win10, to turn it off I am using this interactive sequence:
> > Control Panel -> (View small icons) -> Windows Defender -> Settings ->
> > RealTimeProtection=Off CloudBasedProtection=Off SampleSubmission=Off
>
> Did you read the text next to realtimeprotection?

For the purpose of installing a safe program (Lazarus) faster which is
known to copy zillions of files,
I observed that the process is 10 times faster when turning off
RealTimeProtection,

I guess the text you refer to is: "You can turn this off temporarily, but
if it's off for a while we'll turn it back on automatically"
I read this message as "for the purpose of boosting some setup, turning it
off is recommended" :-)