[Lazarus] How to create a wmf file

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Dec 3 13:32:03 CET 2015

On Di, 2015-12-01 at 19:11 +0800, Dennis wrote:
> I have a custom panel that draws lines and rectangles on its canvas.
> How can I draw the same things on the canvas of a Windows Metafile
> canvas so I can save the panel display as a wmf file?
> Thanks a lot.

If you are on Windows fpvectorial seems to be able to write wmf:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/TAChart_documentation/uk#WMF_drawer

FpVectprial is included with Lazarus. See there for a start:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpvectorial

For other OS you would need to do wmf writing code yourself, iirc it is
a rather simple format having drawing items (e.g. Line) and coordinates
for doing so.

Things get a bit more complicated for EMF or EMF+:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc250370.aspx

Have fun,
Marc