[Lazarus] "NoGui" or "Service Application"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Dec 10 14:04:47 CET 2015

On 12/10/2015 01:42 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>> So it does not provide an Event-Handling infrastructure and this (in
>> according to my terms) means it is not a ("Delphi Style") application,
>> hence not a "Service Application".
> A service needs more than an event queue. See the lazdaemon package.
The discussion here was about it *not* being a (Service-) *Application*
if anything above making it an *application* makes sense (e.g. providing
means to communicate with a corresponding GUI application or typical
installation mechanism for configuration) this could be added
independently.

The first step is to provide the infrastructure for "embedded" (not in
the sense of "no-OS", as the term is used in the Wiki) Applications for
e.g. headless Linux devices and Windows 10 IOT.
> CreateTimer and SendMessage are currently empty methods. The chance of
> breakage is small.
OK.

I'll take a look if the working "interface" unit I already have somehow
can be synchronized / merged  with the NoGUI code in the svn....

-Michael