[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:02:45 CET 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:29 PM, "Jürgen Hestermann"
<Juergen.Hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> What is the difference? The link does not tell me.

Did you actually read the wiki-page? The new UTF-8 system is explained
there. It is a hack but a clever one.
The latest chapter by Mattias explains why UTFString should not be used now.

FYI Ondrej, having overloaded versions only for procedures taking var
parameters makes no sense even when using DisableUTF8RTL. Lossy
conversion would happen in every function using "String" type. Instead
all functions must be copied and UTF8String must be used everywhere.
The current functions make sense only with our new UTF-8 system which
changes AnsiString encoding to UTF-8.

Juha