[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 17:20:40 CET 2015

Am 2015-12-11 um 17:09 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:20:14 +0100
> "Jürgen Hestermann" <Juergen.Hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> An "UTF8 String" is a String encoded in UTF-8.
>> [...]
>> I know the type "UTF8String" but what is an "UTF8 String" (which you say differs)?
> You lost me here.
>
> Maybe I can help you if you explain what you want to program and
> why do you think that UTF8String is needed for that.

Just read my emails in this thread.
I have written it dozen of times:
I want to use UTF8Delete with an UTF8String (which seems
natural to me because that's what this function was made for).

And I am wondering why these functions in LazUTF8 unit
(which only work with UTF8 strings) do not use UTF8String
as parameter.