[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 17:26:20 CET 2015

Am 2015-12-11 um 16:28 schrieb Juha Manninen:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 4:20 PM, "Jürgen Hestermann"
> <Juergen.Hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I know the type "UTF8String" but what is an "UTF8 String" (which you say
>> differs)?
> "UTF8 String" is a String which has UTF-8 encoding.
> Our UTF-8 system changes the default codepage of String to UTF-8 and
> then (almost) everything magically works.
> Read the wiki page again.

type UTF8String = type ansistring(cp_UTF8)

Are there any other string types with UTF8 encoding in Free Pascal?
As far as I know it can only be this one.
So it should be used for all functions which require
an UTF8 string as parameter, no?
Any other encoding makes no sense (because these
UTF8 functions cannot be used with it).