[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 12 19:21:33 CET 2015

Because Juha wrote:
 > Please read this :
 >   http://wiki.freepascal.org/Better_Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus
 > "String" type is UTF-8 and it works now (almost) transparently without
 > explicit conversions.

and

 >The page says among other things :
 > "The new mode is enabled automatically when compiling with FPC 3.0+."

That should tell me that STRING is now UTF-8 all the time.
And I wondered about the text in the wiki which says that it *can* be changed.
But if it not only can be changed but already *is* changed
then the wiki text needs a change too.

As said: The docu in the wikis is very confusing and contradicting,
fully understandable only for those who already know the details.