[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Dec 14 18:43:18 CET 2015

On 12/14/2015 04:06 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> yes... plain text readers and editors cannot handle the fancy mess of today's
>> world... they only know CP437 or maybe CP850...
>>

> Wow, I don't know what text editors you use, but any text editor worth
> using should at least support Unicode. If not, that text editor has seen
> updates for 10-15+ years.

we're talking about text editors on traditional old school BBSes and offline
readers... the old qedit is one that comes to mind for use with offline readers
though some real masochists used edlin ;)

the online editors used /on/ BBSes are generally line oriented or "full
screen"... they may be built into the BBS package or they may be an add-on that
is executed like a door... "full screen" editors use ANSI sequences for some
cursor positioning...

we're talking about being able to use these editors in terminal programs like
Telix, ProComm, Qmodem, {COMMO}, etc...