[Lazarus] Lazarus versions in git

Thu Dec 17 17:35:16 CET 2015

On 2015-12-17 16:19, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Maybe you should convert the svn to a git branch instead of a git tag.

I tried that it the past - tracking svn branches (seeing as svn tags are
just like svn branches), at it inflated the Git repository size
massively, because each branch was a 100% copy of all files. Branching
is not as "cheap" in SVN like they are in Git. So I gave up on that idea
too.

I started the Git mirror again from scratch, but then for a while I
manually applied svn branch changes ("fixes" branches only) into git
branches, but that was a manual process, and very time consuming. So I
stopped that too.

So for the last few years I only track the Trunk branch which is now a
100% automated process.

As I said, I can tag git commits where SVN branches branched off of SVN
Trunk, but that is where it will end. The Git mirror will not track any
commits added to those SVN branches.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/