[Lazarus] Error when installing project groups

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:49:30 CET 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:42:28 +0100 (CET)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> I tried to install the lazprojectgroups package.
>>[...]
>>         if ContainerMenuIndex>ContainerMenuItem.Count then begin
>>            debugln('TIDEMenuSection.UpdateMenuStructure CREATE BottomSeparator Name="',Name,'" ContainerMenuIndex=',dbgs(ContainerMenuIndex),' ContainerMenuItem.Count=',dbgs(ContainerMenuItem.Count
>>            GetRoot.WriteDebugReport(' Bottom ',true);
>>          end;
>>
>> Looks strange, since if that happens, there is sure to be a crash with the
>> insert, but no action other than a debug message is posted ?
>
> It means there is an inconsistency. This should never happen.

Just guessing, didn't read the actual code, but shouldn't it be "if
ContainerMenuIndex>=ContainerMenuItem.Count then begin" anyway?

>> What can I do to prevent this and yet have both packages installed?
>
> There is already a bug report
>
> I'm not yet sure where the real bug is.
>
> Mattias

I'm also missing some command to view the current Project Group... and
'Save Project Group' doesn't handle nil.
Just in case somebody decide to dive in the code before I do ;-)

Best regards,
Flávio