[Lazarus] Syntax error compiling fpc 3.0.0 3.0.0rc1 3.0.0rc2

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sun Dec 20 00:28:06 CET 2015

On 12/19/2015 05:53 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Donald, if all you want is a minimal FPC 3.0.0 for the Pi, I suggest
> you use my minimal installers from http://www.getlazarus.org
>
> The minimal version weights in at 40MB and includes the compiler, a
> few tools like the console "fp" ide, and the rtl (no fcl, no lcl). I
> also includes a fpc terminal shortcut which opens you default terminal
> with fpc envirnonemt variables and configuration setup. It will not
> interfere any other existing FPC or Lazarus setup. It also makes for a
> good starting point to make the FPC compiler from sources:
>
> Minimal Pi PFC 3.0.0:
>
> http://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/fpc-3.0.0.raspberry-min.tar.gz
>
> If on the other hand you want to run a newer version of Lazarus with
> FPC 3.0.0 on the Pi, I also have a bundle for that. It's also quite
> small (I know SD card space on the Pi is a concern) at under 200MB for
> FPC 3.0.0 plus Lazarus. The FPC in this bundle comes with rtl, fcl,
> and a few other packages (again some have been removed), and the
> Lazarus version has had the graphic image sources, and tool sources
> removed (though tool binaries are included).
>
> This reduced in size and Pi specific FPC 3.0.0 with Lazarus can be
> installed from here:
>
> http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/?download#raspberry_pi
>
> Final note:
>
> I know many Pi users are concerned about the SD storage space required
> by FPC and Lazarus and I've taken some care to reduce their sizes on
> Pi, but please be aware more SD space will be used and is required
> when compiling with Lazarus. The first time you build with Lazarus it
> will require space to store the lcl compiled units (two hundred plus
> megabytes more), and any lcl programs you write and compile can take
> upwards of 20-30MB each. If you want to keep some of your compiled
> programs around, consider using the "strip -s yourprogram" utility to
> reduce their size after you're done developing a program. The storage
> saving will be significant.
>

> --
Hi again Anthony,

I used your tiny version on my original SD card and it works fine, but I
need the full-up debugging version on the big SD card.  With the
additional 8 GB I don't think I'll have space problems.  If I do, I'll
remove Python and Mathematica like I did on the original SD card.  That
freed up a lot of space.

Thanks,

Don