[Lazarus] Lazarus compile project via ssh?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 11:22:32 CET 2015

Martin Schreiber wrote:

>> Generally works well, provided that the desktop machine's X11 server
>> fully supports the primitives expected by the target machine's widget set.
>>
> I use remote debugging by gdbserver running on Raspberry Pi. The target uses
> the Rpi X11 server, so one needs to see the Rpi screen and reach the target
> keyboard and mouse in order to debug a graphical application with this setup.

As one gets older, not having to reach out to an extra keyboard or
swivel to concentrate on an extra screen becomes a blessing. Trust me.

Until recently, one could debug many embedded systems using a serial
(RS232) connection: Logitech did good work on this. These days, one can
debug many using telnet or SSH. In either of these cases, debugging
sessions can appear in a window on ones main screen: I certainly hope
that my days of having to do a Rick Wakeman impersonation, with two
computers and a Tektronix logic analyser, are past.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk