[Lazarus] New menu designer

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Dec 23 18:43:41 CET 2015

On 23.12.2015 18:25, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Dmitry Boyarintsev
> <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com <mailto:skalogryz.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     StayOnTop - stay on top of all windows within the application
>     fsSystemStayOnTop - stay on top of all windows within system.
>

> Yes, it is in Lazarus documentation as well.
> http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/controls/tformstyle.html

Yes, you are right. I didn't check it before. But as I stated in my last
emails:
1.) fsStayOnTop is Delphi-incompatible. Delphi's fsStayOnTop corresponds
with Lazarus' fsSystemStayOnTop.
2.) fsStayOnTop in Lazarus can and does overlap other application
windows in Windows 10 (although not always).
3.) fsStayOnTop in Lazarus always does overlap other application windows
in Linux/KDE.

According to 2+3, fsStayOnTop in Lazarus is anything else than
application-wide, regardless what the documentation states :(

So either the documentation or LCL code has to be fixed - or both. The
question is how:
A.) Make it backwards compatible: fsStayOnTop / fsSystemStayOnTop
B.) Make it Delphi compatible: fsStayOnTop + fsAppStayOnTop (if needed
and supported).

Ondrej