[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.4.4 fpc 3.0

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Dec 24 13:11:29 CET 2015

Santiago A. wrote:
> El 24/12/2015 a las 12:00, Juha Manninen escribió:> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Santiago A. <svaa at ciberpiula.net> wrote:>> Is it posible to use Lazarus 1.4.4 with fpc 3.0?> Yes but why would you do that? Lazarus 1.6 is almost here.> You may get problems with codepage aware strings when using Lazarus> 1.4.4. Depends on use case of course.>> Juha
> I am afraid of using Lazarus 1.6. New versions introduce new bugs andproblems.
> I want to work with stable versions. Well, in fact, with versions thathave been stable since some time. New versions come with new bugs andproblems and I have already enough political problems pushing Lazarus tofight with technical issues.
> I have come across some bugs in 2.6.4 that I need to solve, so I havedecided to move to 3.0. It is stable since some time ago (They arealready working on 3.1).if they had  applied backports to solve them, I would have sticked on2.6.4.
> Nevertheless, If I run into problems with Lazarus 1.4.4 / FPC 3.0, codepages etc, I will move lazarus 1.6.

As I've said before, I keep a combination of Lazarus+FPC versions here
and my preferred one isn't necessarily the most recent.

*BUT* if you're asking the core developers for help, the first thing
that they'll expect is that you're on the current version of IDE and
compiler.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk