[Lazarus] Changing package versions
werner.pamler at freenet.de
Fri Feb 6 23:44:42 CET 2015
My development system for fpspreadsheet is Lazarus 1.2.6 and, of course,
the trunk version of fpspreadsheet (version 1.5). Sometimes, however, I
have to switch to the released versions, e.g. 1.4.1, and this appears to
be very confusing to me.
Here is what I am doing
- Initially, fpspreadsheet v1.5 is installed.
- "Packages" / "Install/Uninstall packages" --> select
"laz_fpspreadsheet_visual" and "laz_fpspreadsheetexport_visual",
"Uninstall selection", "Save and rebuild IDE"
- "Packages" / "Open package file": navigate to folder with
fpspreadsheet v1.4.1. Open each package file and install. At the end,
- When Lazarus comes back after building and I open the
"Install/Uninstall packages" again, I'd expect to see versions 1.4.1,
but I see version 1.5 again.
- I tried several "recompile clean" etc. No effect, still version 1.5.
Looking at the packagefiles.xml in my user profile I see that both
versions are listed. After deleting the entries of version 1.5 and
rebuilding, I finally see version 1.4.1 in the "Install/Uninstall
Is it really so complicated? Or am I doing something wrong?
More information about the Lazarus