[Lazarus] Keyboard info

Thu Feb 5 11:10:55 CET 2015

On 2015-02-05 09:53, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> How can a program get a general idea of the current keyboard layout,

Just curious... why would that matter? If I press the key 'o' on a
QWERTY or Dvorak layout, the OS (and application) treats it the same....
an 'o' key character is generated.

If it is because you want to adjust keyboard shortcuts depending on
detected layout... I use Dvorak by the way, I find it best to simply
have the ability to customise keyboard shortcuts in the application. Yes
I modify some shortcuts to suite my needs, but most I leave as was
designed for the default QWERTY. But that is maybe just my personal
preference.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/