[Lazarus] Debugger and Buildmodes / Project settings

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Feb 5 14:55:26 CET 2015

On 05/02/2015 07:31, Michael Ring wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to make the General Debugger Settings
> Project or Buildmode specific.
>
> My problem is that I often switch between microcontrollers that need a
> different version of gdb. (e.g. arm-none-eabi-gdb for arm,
> mipsel-sde-elf-gdb for mipsel)
> and that sometimes I can use JLink probe on their default port,
> sometimes I need to use openocd that runs on another port.
>
> Right now this means that I have to manually adjust the path to
> gdb/other debugger settings when I switch from (for example) a mipsel
> project to a arm based project.
>
> No big deal, but it would be much nicer to somehow override this
> setting when opening a new project.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

It does not yet exist. And unfortunately no immediate plan exists.

The long time idea is to have the global defaults, and then have per
project settings (allowing to override all or selected settings) (but
per buildmode would work too, or could be added as further level).

So if you want to sent a patch then this will be welcome.

I have not looked at the config stuff in a long while. So I can not add
any hints right now.

----
there is a parallel "project/idea" that equally currently is without any
near time plans. But that has tiny its of code.
TDebuggerOptions = class(TAbstractIDEEnvironmentOptions)
in BaseDebuggerManager.

The idea is to move the debugger an d with it the config to a package of
its own. Then it may not have direct access to the global/project options.

So ideally if options are stored in the project, then they are collected
in one separate object, that then will be stored.
For that use TRttiXMLConfig it saves all published properties to the xml.

---

All else I would first have to have a deeper look myself.