[Lazarus] Mac retina pain

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Feb 5 23:04:22 CET 2015

I have done a screencap of Lazarus running on my Retina Mac:

http://temp.michael-ring.org/Retina.jpg

When you display it in Preview in original size and then hit CMD '-'
three times then you see the resolution as I see it on my display.

Antialiasing must be set to on, the fonts are not rendered in perfect
resolution, but for me this is now good enough. You can also build
Lazarus with QT-Widgetset, but then you loose []{} keys in Lazarus which
is sometimes a little frustrating when you need an array ;-)

I have uploaded the gdb from my machine here:

http://temp.michael-ring.org/gdb (5.1MB)

judging by the dependencys it has it should also wort on your MAC. BUT
you first need to codesign it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13913818/how-to-get-a-codesigned-gdb-on-osx

It is pretty straightforward to build gdb from source, the following
libs/tools might be necessary (I have those installed with homebrew),
but configure will tell you...

libtool pkg-config automake gettext readline gnu-getopt texi2html

Michael