[Lazarus] Changing package versions

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Sat Feb 7 19:03:43 CET 2015

Grrr - sent too early! Things get more complicated...

Currently both package versions are known to the IDE, but I think there
is a bug in the project inspector which tells the wrong package version:

On the component palette I see TsWorkbookChartSource which did not exist
before 1.5. Therefore the active package version must be 1.5. But if I
create a new project and add a visual spreadsheet control to create the
dependency the project inspector tells me that the package is version
1.4. The same, if the dependency is added manually to an empty project.

The same if I open another demo of v1.5
("examples\fpschart\workbookchartsource\fpschartsource.lpi") in which
the package filename has not yet been marked as "preferred". This demo
uses a TsWorkbookChartSource which is not yet available in v1.4. The
form opens without any issues, therefore, the IDE seems to work with
v1.5. But the project inspector says again that the package is version 1.4.