[Lazarus] Guide: Making Free Pascal and Lazarus from sources

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:05:04 CET 2015

On 09/02/15 10:45, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-02-09 09:43, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
>> this would mean for FPC & Lazarus that download statistics will be shifted
>> away from them to your site. If something is unethical, then /this/ is
>
> For me, statistics is of little concern.

You may be right :) but sites like Sourceforge, or even github, they live on statistics...

less on statistics => less exposure => lower in search => marginalized ? imagine that.

> But downloading archives from
> the official site is still a very good idea.

Yeah, see every other build system that pulls multiple dependencies,
has at least a list of mirrors... in case original files get taken down.

> You can still have all the
> integration, custom patches etc. that your heart desires.

I look forward to Anthony realizing this :)

[...]
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

Lukasz