[Lazarus] Examples of CairoCanvas usage

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:42:58 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> eg: I've used AggPas (one included with fpGUI as it is more up to date
> than the Lazarus one) in console and CGI apps to generate graphs and
> images (with or without text) - no dependencies on GUI toolkits or
> external libraries.
>
> For PDF output, again fpGUI includes an excellent custom written PDF
> engine which I have used for reporting in my commercial software. It has
> some excellent features other pascal based PDF engines don't have. I
> believe Michael van Canneyt also used it as the basis for the new PDF
> engine included with FPC trunk.

I did not know of such PDF engine. So far I know that PowerPdf lib is limited.

External library dependencies are not desired and this sounds promising!
What about font embedding and Unicode support in PDF?
What is the best way to test it? From fpGUI or from FPC trunk?
Does your version have many dependencies for other parts of fpGUI?

Juha