[Lazarus] Examples of CairoCanvas usage

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 14:53:16 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Petr Kristan <petr.kristan at epos.cz> wrote:
>   c.Font.Name := 'Arial';
>   c.Font.Height := 12;

Wow, my test code only needed the font definition, then it works.
My bad, I should have tested that. Normal GUI canvas has some font by default.
I added a simple program to components/cairocanvas/example which draws
an ellipse and text.
You can improve it if you want and send a patch.

Your example adds a dependency for GTK2. It is logically wrong if you
only want to demonstrate CairoCanvas.
My understanding is that GTK2 depends on CairoCanvas, not the other way around.
What is the purpose of the WidgetSet variable? You create it but don't
use it for anything. My prog works without it now that it has a font
defined. The only dependency in the uses section of my program is
CairoCanvas.

Juha