[Lazarus] Watches - 'Repeat Count' functionality.

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Feb 18 18:08:47 CET 2015

On 18/02/2015 16:52, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Lazarus 1.5 r47664 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-linux-gtk 2
>
> I looked at the following documentation regarding "repeat count"
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Watch_list#Watch_Properties
>
> In the wiki it says "Repeat Count" was implemented in Lazarus 1.1
> already (see the bottom of the section in the wiki), but I can't seem to
> get it to work in Lazarus 1.5. I only ever see the first element
> specified. eg: b[10] and then a repeat count of 5, but I only see
> b[10]'s value.
>
> I tried using both GDB and fpDebug debuggers.
>
> Is this actually implemented, or am I using it wrong?
how is b defined?

IIRC (need to check) repeat count cuts off at the boundaries of an array
    b: array [3..10] of integer
will never show b[11].

But ^integer(@b[10])[0] will show it

Also, if you use the "detail pane" in watches. This had a bug, that was
fixed only recently. But the "value column" should be fine.

Otherwise can you get a lof:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session