[Lazarus] RC1 Debugger error

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Sat Feb 21 15:21:34 CET 2015

Hi, I found the problem and solution...strange...!

This is the problem where I opened up the published project as suggested
in the testing instructions, compiled, and then get an immediate
debugger error on running.

I restored the pristine published files and was able to immediately
reproduce the problem.

So I did file diffs, nothing looked horrible but I started taking out
lines in the published version that weren't in the running version(s).

Crazy! but the first thing I removed fixed the problem, so it wasn't a
long process.

The offending line in the clean published PROJ.lpi file is:

<Icon Value="0"/>

( path to this line is <CONFIG>, <ProjectOptions>, <General> , full text
below...)

Removing this line, and compiling and running function perfectly right
off the bat.

It seems strange that no one else had this problem? Or is no else
testing?  ;-)

Anyway, HTH you track it down.

Oh, BTW, I didn't try the solution where running Laz from command line
to output to a debug LOG file. If you remember, that removed the problem
on my system during my first round of debugging...So apparently
something in that process "fixed" the LPI file????

Here is the LPI section....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CONFIG>
  <ProjectOptions>
    <Version Value="9"/>
    <General>
      <SessionStorage Value="InProjectDir"/>
      <MainUnit Value="0"/>
      <Title Value="TwinPrime"/>
      <ResourceType Value="res"/>
      <UseXPManifest Value="True"/>
      <Icon Value="0"/>                 <=== This must go
    </General>