[Lazarus] Promoting Lazarus: A Case Study Video

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:43:36 CET 2015

Lukasz, the motivation is to highlight the quality of software which
Lazarus can produce, and create really simple to use installers for
Windows, Mac, and Linux. I noted when I went to setup Lazarus on Mac
recently just how difficult I was. The end goal is to draw more people to
Lazarus.

Regarding why create a site apart from the main Lazarus site. I think every
sane person can understand more sites promoting "brand x" help make that
brand both in terms of visibility and average user acceptability.

Personally, I am working on (with some friends) a few very large free open
source projects (which will be LGPLed) which are soon be released. I am
currently working with a broadcast media person who us lending their voice
to a few videos we're producing. These videos will be like the one I
already post, including annotations and now voice. We will be walking
potential Lazarus users through some demos which I feel are particularly
nice. As such, I feel like controlling the website where this material is
going to be released will help insure the quality of the both the material
and its presentation.

And finally, in my work I tend to make heavy usage of anything which makes
life easier, and this includes many of the great language features Sven
Barth on which has been working for years. Heavy usage of things like
generics with constraints, class and record helpers, implicit/explicit
conversion (for example controverting TColor implicitly to TColorB or
THSL). I realize that not every either has as versions of Free Pascal and
Lazarus with support for these features, and as I what I do is well
received, I also want to make it easy for people to get versions of which
support these features, with the least amount of trouble (bugs). So I would
like to push Lazarus forward and help people get the newer versions.

I'll leave you with a small clip of the new advanced drawing interfaces
we'll be releasing, which are a much smaller part of one of the afore
mentioned projects.

http://www.getlazarus.org/videos/crossgraphics/