[Lazarus] Promoting Lazarus: A Case Study Video

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.nl
Wed Feb 25 21:31:16 CET 2015

On February 25, 2015 8:51:11 PM CET, Travis Ayres <trayres at gmail.com> wrote:
>I like the getlazarus version better so far than the official one
>(assuming
>it isn't an elaborate trick...). Free software is all about choice -
>I'm
>glad to have another  option.
>
>I'm kinda surprised other people seem not to like it. More exposure for
>fpc/lazarus is good isn't  it?

That is not the problem. More exposure is ok. The problem with at least the download section is that it is absolutely not clear that you are downloading a alpha/beta version of Lazarus/fpc

Imo it should point to the official download with the getlazarus version as alternative. That way visitors not knowing about Lazarus have a choice. When you now visit getlazarus and click download, it offers the option to download setup.exe
When you don't know about Lazarus you expect this to be an official version. In my case where I professionally use Lazarus, I only want released versions of both Lazarus an FPC.

Marc