[Lazarus] Lazarus project compile flags

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:56:12 CET 2015

Hi,

When we compile an object-pascal/delphi project, we generally rely on
Lazarus to do the work.
Yet, normally Lazarus knows how a project is setup and knows link the
project with its run-time library.  This is good, but not so good if you
want to compile the application without lazarus.

So, as an example, a object pascal project may have the following FPC_FLAGS:

-MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -vewnhi -Filib/i386-linux -Fl/opt/gnome/lib
-Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.2.4/lcl/units/i386-linux/gtk2
-Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.2.4/lcl/units/i386-linux
-Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.2.4/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux
-Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.2.4/packager/units/i386-linux -Fu. -FUlib/i386-linux
-l -dLCL -dLCLgtk2

These directives are the equivalent of C++/C, compile and link flags.
Typically we call pkg-config to find out the flags when we compile a c/C++
application.  Is there a lazarus/fpc utility that is equivalent to
pkg-config that would allow me to find out these flags at compile/configure
time?

I really want to be able to build a project without lazarus, and on
different machine machines.

Thank you,

Toan