[Lazarus] Howto work with wikiget and wikiconvert tools

Frieß friess at gmx.at
Mon Jan 19 19:11:39 CET 2015

Am 19.01.2015 um 17:41 schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 01/19/2015 05:32 PM, Frieß wrote:
>>
>> So is one question, should this corrected in the wiki or accepted by
>> the wikiget ?
>
> I think, firstly  wikiget should issue a decent error message when it
> his such a page. Does it ?
>
> I _feel_ that pagenames should be pure ASCII to avoid confusion, but I
> am not an expert on that.

It looks, the naming is allowed. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_(technical_restrictions)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_%28technical_restrictions%29>See
'Title length' there. So the representation in the Filesystem must
handle this. Or the naming convention of the wikesite have a (internal)
rule, not to use UTF-8.

One of this sites in on the Main Page of the wiki. Normally the Language
depended site for russian should be 'Main_Page/ru' but it is
'%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0'.
The Ukrain Page - also in cyrillic ist well done 'Main_Page/uk'. Also
some other Page have the same Problem (see
http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Special:AllPages&from=go32v2_development&to=%EB%8C%80%EB%AC%B8
on the end of page).

So the goal is, should anybody rename this sites to their correct naming
or not ? The site didnt handle their names in 'wikithinking'.